Saturday, May 24, 2014

Social Media

Before it was Friendster, Myspace, Multiply, Messengers like AOL, Yahoo and MSN. When I was in high school we used to have our conversations after school with Yahoo Messenger. We would talk about our homework or chat, if we get bored, we would play games from the games section on Yahoo Messenger. Friendster was one of the most popular sites among teenagers. One could change the layout of his/her profile for others to see. They can add songs, pictures, gifs and other widgets just to get make ones profile unique. I can say that the most "in" thing back then was the testimonials. Where you can say something about your friend and post them in their profile.

Many sites and apps are now available to connect us with our friends and loved ones. One of my favorite apps would be Twitter. I check it almost everyday. I can get a lot of content from the ones I follow may it be news, weather and traffic updates, games, and even artists. To name a few, here are two of my favorite accounts in Twitter.

Senyora Santibanez
She never fails to amuse me. She would always rant about anyone who gets in her way. She would post random tweets from people with errors on spelling and grammar. Her tweets are so famous that it would trend in the Philippines or even worldwide. She would use #HuleNiSenyora, #Hampaslupa, and many other hashtags that her followers would tweet too. I find it entertaining in a way though some people might disagree with me. I just hope she wouldn't look into my tweets and retweet it.
P.S. I know that some of  my back posts are grammatically incorrect. I would rather not edit it. Those were my entry when I was in high school and it makes me smile and think that I published those not realizing my errors.

Marian Rivera-Dantes
This is a parody account of one of the hottest female celebrities in the Philippines. Some people would actually ask the user of the account if she is the real Marian Rivera. Maybe it's not clear to them what a parody account is. She tweets on current events, complaints in the society, random tweets to actors and a whole lot more.

Whenever I read posts from these twitter accounts, my day would brighten up. It gives me a good laugh. I just hope to read more from these two.

There are a lot of useful things from social media. It has been used to inform people with current events. An example is the formation of the Million People March which gathered Filipinos to fight against the corruption in the government. One cannot deny the importance of social media but let us not forget that it can also be used to spread inaccurate and baseless information. So let us #ThinkBeforeWeClick and together we could make the cyberspace a better place.

No comments:

pahrak15

pahrak15
Hi!

Followers